Sunday, July 5, 2015

Make Lemonade

Even negative events can be beautifully scrapbooked, and when you're using project life to document (especially weekly) it's not uncommon that you'll photograph the not-so-happy parts of life.  

In this picture, my 3 year old was sick with gastroenteritis and was definitely not a happy camper.  It was an instagram photo, so the square picture didn't flow well with the rest of my layout, and I had some other instagram photos I was putting on an insert as well, so I decided to go with a 6x6 layout for this.
I decided to use the age-old saying of "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade" but spun it around as if to say "HOW can I make lemonade out of these rotten lemons!?!?!"  I chose the lemon paper to flow with the theme, and the sparkly yellow thickers to spell out lemonade.  I didn't want too much black on the layout, so I chose the grey chipboard thickers for the rest of the title.  I didn't use embellishments on this page because I wanted the photo and the title to be the main focus, and felt like embellishments would have been too much.  I do wish I'd had a lemon shaped paperclip, that would have been nice in the bottom left corner!  If I ever find one, I'll have to come back to this layout and attach it.  It's always a work in progress for me!
As you can see, even the boring, mundane, and even yucky parts of life can be made beautiful, just by using some creativity and some pretty supplies.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment