Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Blog Hopping: Retro Style With Club Scrap!

Hey everyone!! Today I am super excited to be hop hop hopping along with the folks over at Club Scrap as one of their guest designers!!
Karen sent me a very cool retro themed membership kit to use for the blog hop today.  It is the lite version of their kit options (they have Deluxe, Lite, and Card Club).  This particular kit is "50's Kitchen" Lite, and it included embellishments like buttons and ribbon, plus cut-apart paper sheets, and some totally awesome retro scrapbooking papers in red, black, cream, navy blue, and teal hues.  The kit also included a ring bound pack of note cards, a neat case for the teeny tiny embellishments I use (hellllooooooo sequin storage!!) and a super adorable set of unmounted rubber stamps.
Since I'm not one who is often found in the kitchen - and photographing that is further more rare - I decided to use this kit for my layout of Kyle's company picnic instead.  The picnic was at Midway State Park, which is actually pretty vintage, and the colors and themes went together seamlessly!  A lot of people steer clear of full scrapbooking kits for pocket page layouts, but I will never understand this.  The larger kits may come with larger paper, but you can always cut it down AND you end up with way more.  I've always used full sized embellishments too, and sometimes the pocket page themed kits only come with small or flat embellishments.  It's always fun to take something traditional and put a modern out-of-the-box spin on it, and I really feel like I was able to do that with this retro traditional scrapbooking kit.
I tried to stay very true to the kit, and didn't use any other supplies than what was provided other than my trusty date stamp and some thickers for the layout title, but boy were there a lot of supplies provided!! I still have tons of paper left over for future layouts, and the adorable cherry stamp set too.
I really had a great time chopping up this kit and making it work for my pocket pages, and I hope you enjoyed my layout too!!

If you're just finding my post in the middle, you can hop back to the beginning at Club Scrap here!!
To hop hop hop on to the next post, click here!!



9 comments:

  1. Your pocket pages are fantastic. I am just starting to do a mix of pocket and traditional and I love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job "retro"-fitting this kit to your life event and with the pocket page concept. Love it! (And, welcome to the team!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pocket pages are so beautiful and really highlights this kit perfectly!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pages! I especially love how you used the border strips, buttons and bottle caps. Thanks for sharing : D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pocket pages can be so useful. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot in those pocket pages...creative embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did Nicole. Just starting to explore the world of pocket pages!
    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete