Thursday, August 6, 2015

YOU Take Two (My Style Stamps & the Fuse Tool)

Hey everyone!! I'm finally on the recovery side of my sinus/septum surgery.  I am still quite sore and I tire easily, but I have been able to do quite a bit of scrapbooking from my big comfy bed.  also - I finally got a Fuse tool!! I was wandering through Michael's on a recent glue mission just before surgery day (It's a bittersweet day, running out of Tombow Mono Multi... it means you've created a ton of great things BUT it also means you can create no more until you aquire a new tube of glue!) and of course went to check out what new bits the Project Life section had to offer.  I had completely forgotten that Becky Higgins released her own Fuse Tool, especially since the bright teal of the We R Memory Keepers version is so memoriable.  And there she was, the lone wolf hanging on the rack, just waiting for me to pluck her up and render her kind "out of stock".  As luck would have it, she was also on sale for 40% off!  Now normally I'd wait to bug something this spendy until I have a 50% off coupon, but I knew that if I waited until I had the coupon, someone else would scoop her up and I'd be SOL.  So, she came home with me and I was a happy crafty camper.  So happy that I forgot to take a picture before I hulked open the package.

This was my sneak - peek photo...the only photo I took of the fuse tool HAHA!!

Since I couldn't resist trying it out IMMEDIATELY upon arriving home, I dug through my pictures that I have waiting to get scrapped and found a series of pictures I'd taken this June of the flowers in my garden.  We have peonies and Iris' right along the front sidewalk, and this year they were so full of blooms and colors.  I even took a series of shots of the same peony bloom 4 days in a row to show how it really opened up! 


I decided to create a "suspended" card/photo pocket in the middle of another pocket, and then of course I decided to put in some Lollipop My Style Stamps sequins because the pink just goes so well with the YOU card colors and the flowers themselves.  

On the back side of the insert, I kept it simple and re-printed multiple stripe cards from the My Style Stamps YOU card kit. The stripes line up nicely, and I think it makes quite a statement.  That's another wonderful thing about these digital card kits -you can print them over and over and use striped ones like these ones to create a larger scale patterned page or page portion.

As you can tell, I'm certainly no professional fuser, and will need some serious practice, but I'm fairly proud of how it turned out.

Have you gotten a chance to use your fuse yet!? They go wonderfully with the My Style Stamps digital card collections and My Style Stamps sequins!!
-Nicole



*please excuse the plastic glare... I didn't realize how bad it would be on this sunny day and of course everything is fused into the pocket!!*

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, so cool and great deal! Mine was supposed to arrive today...blasted USPS!

    ReplyDelete